M113s

Put all of your Mercedes-Benz mechanical and electrical issues here.
Most Mercedes Benz components are common to many models.
Smacky

M113s

Post by Smacky » Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm

I recently heard that an unfortunate Canadian 07 SLK55 owner managed to break a con rod at around 56k miles and wasn't even attempting anything 'ambitious'. This alarmed me somewhat as I'd come to appreciate the M113 as being mostly bullet-proof, especially in AMG guise, with forged rods.

Mine's piling on the miles, nearing double the aforementioned, and I still thrash it without remorse.

Does anyone know of any similar occurrences with the M113, or any other major issues which appear with the advance of time and distance?

Also, the plugs haven't been changed in abt 50k miles, but starting/running seems normal. My indy says leave it alone for the time being, unless a hard start or misfire shows up. Other opinions?

RedLiner

Re: M113s

Post by RedLiner » Sun May 17, 2020 12:34 am

Smacky wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm
I recently heard that an unfortunate Canadian 07 SLK55 owner managed to break a con rod at around 56k miles and wasn't even attempting anything 'ambitious'. This alarmed me somewhat as I'd come to appreciate the M113 as being mostly bullet-proof, especially in AMG guise, with forged rods.

Mine's piling on the miles, nearing double the aforementioned, and I still thrash it without remorse.

Does anyone know of any similar occurrences with the M113, or any other major issues which appear with the advance of time and distance?

This manufacturer states the following:-

"Our billet rods are designed as a replacement for the OEM pistons and rods in the 5.5L M113K V8 AMG engine. The billet rods, which are of a stronger material and design than the original rods, are capable of supporting much higher power levels than the factory rods."

More info here.
https://www.weistec.com/m113k-connecting-rods.html
No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.

Return to “General Mercedes-Benz mechanical and electrical issues”